RuneScape Invite-Only Plans To Tackle Login/Lockout Issue Will Start March 23rd
RuneScape Invite-Only Plans To Tackle Login/Lockout Issue Will Start March 23rd.
MMOBEEP found out that It’s been approximately two weeks since Jagex has confirmed and addressed a widespread Login/Lockout problem in RuneScape, restricting players from logging into their account. The Jagex team has put together a game plan to fix these problems, which started with disabling some accounts while gathering information to retrieve all accounts back to how they were.
The original problem associated with players was not being able to log in started on approximately March 5th. However, the team declares that the original problems that led to the current issue that Jagex is currently dealing with now started from a “perfect storm” of problems. Jagex announced the first issue around February 8th.
The team plans to establish a RuneScape invite-only beta for account recovery that will start on March 23rd. A quick summary of where we are today and what the team aims to do to make everyone come back to the game is listed below:
- Work is progressing to return access to accounts affected as soon as possible.
- A strictly RuneScape invite-only Account Integrity Review Beta will start this Tuesday, March 23rd. Initial invites have been sent.
- We’re going to be satisfying any membership or RuneMetrics subscription on affected accounts for the following 31 days as of yesterday (March 18th), stretching Yak Track, and more.
- Some accounts have had their login permits disabled in readiness for the Restoration Phase.
- Game Updates have remained postponed until further notice.
While the recovery team is still confident that players will not lose any of their data, the more excellent RuneScape team initially intended to revert back to business as usual, churning out updates and discussing brand new in-game events. Sadly, as the Login/Lockout issue continues, game updates will wait a while longer. Mod Warden discussed this in a daily update just last week:
“Reflecting on this situation, we also know it’s essential to the community that any decision to delay major game content releases does not come at the cost of any content plans for the year. This is a balance we’ll be bearing in mind, and we’ve seen some great suggestions from all of you on where we can potentially draw that line.
We don’t have all the answers in the here and now – we just changed plans after all! – but we will at least hold the release of Rex Matriarchs until further notice. Thanks for all your passionate responses, and we’ll talk about this in more detail next week.”
– Mod Warden/Ryan Ward, Executive Producer, RuneScape
It may be some weeks before RuneScape sees itself working usually. Despite the opportunity that plans can vary at any moment and recovery seemingly touch-and-go until players can verify all of their accounts and items are restored, Jagex has emphasized that they are dedicated to fixing this.